28 Abr SELF CERVANTES FLAMENCO
FLAMENCO AND POETRY: THE FLAMENCO ART IN THE VOICE OF CERVANTES
Canto as read: the encounter with the classics .
This second part, nucleated by Cervantes, is dedicated to classic writers and poets: Miguel de Cervantes, Pedro Calderon de la Barca, Jorge Manrique, several Andalusian authors (Ibn Yudi, Almutamid, Muqaddam Ibn Muafa, etc.) and other anonymous. Through different flamenco styles they are interpreted poems by various authors mentioned above.
In the year 2015 the fourth centenary of the publication of the second part of Don Quixote was held. My proposal is that in the month of November, coinciding with the 5th anniversary of the declaration to «Flamenco» Intangible Heritage of Humanity «will take place the presentation of the project; «I sing as I read: Cervantes»
Poems and other texts of Cervantes :
- Romance Altisidora. Guajiras, Colombian and tanguillos different parts of the poem.
- «Someplace in Mancha…».
Poem by Jorge Manrique;
- I’m the one who saw me free. Tangos.
Poem of Calderon de la Barca :
- They have a wise one day. Guajiras.
- Ibn Yudi, since her voice heard. Tangos
- Hafsa Bint Al Hayy Al Rakuniyya:
Ask the quivering lightning
- Smail Kuasmuna Bin Al – Yahudy:
I see a garden
- Abu Bakr Ibn Abdul Malik Quzman
Catch me this olive
The fundamental aim of this project is to spread our culture as essential pillars using two, such as poetry and flamenco.
The objectives to achieve with this activity are:
- Understand that the musicality of the Castilian language has conditioned the creation of flamenco music.
- Understanding the musicality and rhythm of the poems that serve as letters singing, mastering the art of reading and declamation
- Appreciate flamenco as one of the most unique features of the cultural heritage of Andalusia, valuing it as one of the greatest exponents of Andalusian cultural identity.
- Casar different styles of flamenco melodic variety of poems.
- Structure activity
The literary-musical activity will last approximately an hour and a quarter. The structure of it is organized in a unitary manner by integrating image, sound, touch, song and dance.
- An artistic film with the self-portrait of Cervantes, created by the Faculty of Fine Arts of the University of Granada.
Video-art in collaboration with «Cia The Coet» plays the song Lirola Fernando Barros, with lyrics by Miguel de Cervantes. Literary portrait of flamenco rhythm with the intervention of images developed from poetic art.
Musical concert (Flemish) selected poems
The show introduces us to work through selected poems, many of Cervantes as our Andalusian poets.
Flamenco and romantic art of emotions and feelings expressed through dance, guitar playing and singing. In our case, the musical concert will help us to deepen and poems drawn from the ideas, emotions and feelings they convey their authors.